1. You may sing of the beauty of mountain and glen,
Of the silvery streamlets and flow’rs of the vale;
But the place most delightful this earth can afford,
Is the place of devotion, the house of the Lord.
2. You may boast of the sweetness of day’s early dawn,
Of the sky’s soft’ning graces when day has just gone;
But there’s no other season or time can compare
With the hour of devotion, the season of pray’r.
3. You may value the friendships of youth and of age,
And select for your comrades the noble and sage;
But the friends that most cheer me on life’s rugged road,
Are the friends of my Master, the children of God.
4. You may talk of your prospects of fame, or of wealth,
And the hopes that oft flatter the fav’rites of health;
But the hope of bright glory, of heavenly bliss!
Take away ev’ry other, and give me but this.
5. Ever hail, blessed temple, abode of my Lord!
I will turn to you often to hear from His word;
I will walk to your altar with those that I love,
And rejoice in the prospect revealed from above.
Instrumental – Sampled Sounds
Group – from North America
MP3 – Group (from North America)
|MP3 – Instrumental||PNG|
|TXT||SIB7 / SIB3||SVG|